All entries were judged by an independent jury of 30, including academics, subject-experts and distinguished personalities with experience in the hospitality sector.
Photos by Boussias Communications
Travelworks is proud to announce multiple successes at the Greek Tourism Awards 2018 for clients Aqua Vista Hotels, Elatos Resort & Health Club, the Poseidonion Grand Hotel, The Clumsies and Astra Suites, who brought home a total of 11 awards at the prestigious annual ceremony.
- Poseidonion Grand Hotel – Silver [Contribution to the local economy]
- The Clumsies – Gold [Excellence in storytelling: The American Dream in Athens]
- The Clumsies – Silver [Excellence & innovation in F&B]
- Elatos Resort & Health Club – Silver [Mountain hotel]
- Elatos Resort & Health Club – Silver [Initiatives to extend the tourist season]
- Aqua Vista Hotels – Silver [Hotel development, management & consulting]
- Aqua Vista Hotels – Silver [Restoration: Opera Mansion]
- Aqua Vista Hotels – Silver [Excellence in guest service: Athermi Suites]
- Aqua Vista Hotels – Bronze [Cultural tourism: Art Hotel Aqua Gallery]
- Astra Suites – Gold [All-suite hotel]
- Blue Shades of Greece – Bronze [Tours]
The Poseidonion Grand Hotel welcomes the signature touch of Baba Au Rum, one of the world’s 50 best bars
With the 2019 summer season just around the corner, the Poseidonion Grand Hotel is proud to announce its new collaboration with Baba Au Rum, one of the world’s 50 best bars! The 2019 season will commence with a special Easter pop-up bar, running from the 27th - 29th...
Speaking after the ceremony, Kostas Panagakis, CEO of Travelworks, said “I am incredibly proud of the hotels and bars awarded here today, having witnessed first-hand the hard work and dedication that goes into their operation. It is an honour and a priviledge to partner with some of the finest hospitality brands in Greece, and I would like to congratulate the owners and staff on their success and recognition“.
Over 700 industry executives attended the awards ceremony, which took place on March 20 at the Hellenic World Cultural Centre. The Tourism Awards are organised by Boussias Communications Hotel & Restaurant, under the auspices of the Ministry of Tourism and the Greek Tourism Organisation.
Words by Elle Arscott